Have you ever wondered why some areas of your life work so well and others don’t? Most likely it has to do with the day-to-day choices you’re making. Yet you might not even realize you often react—just to avoid discomfort rather than responding thoughtfully to what’s in your best interest long term.
You might be wondering, why then would you do something that isn’t in your own best interest? Well, biologically, your brain is wired to seek pleasure and avoid pain. But once you understand a simple, but profound framework, you’ll be making decisions that will lead you to long-term happiness.
If there’s an area of your life where you’re at a choice point, ask yourself: Do you want the discomfort to last for only a few minutes or hours, or for a lifetime? This is where you don’t have to, but you get to speak from the heart and genuinely communicate with others to create the life you want. This requires your awareness, self-trust and courage to make a different choice.
Your Awareness Prescription
- When do you find yourself at a choice point?
- How does your body let you know (what physical signals)?
- How often do you take the short-term high to avoid discomfort?
- How happy are you with those results in the long run?
- If you mustered the courage to make a different choice, what else would be possible?
DOWNLOAD How to Make the Right Decision Every Time PRESCRIPTION CARD
Now that you have this new framework, I’d love to hear what dilemma you’re going to solve. Share your thoughts here.
To your long-term health and happiness,